I am originally from Bucharest, Romania and earned a B.S. in Computer Science at the Polytechnical University of Bucharest. I moved to Charlottesville in the Fall of 2004 to pursue graduate school at the University of Virginia, where I earned a Master's in Computer Science, a Master of Science in Mathematics, and a Master of Teaching.
I am passionate about math and computer science education, especially for girls and women, and I co-founded a Math Circle for girls and held lessons for four years until the COVID-19 pandemic.
In January 2021, I decided to focus full-time on education. After completing my Master of Teaching, I joined the teaching faculty at the Peabody School for the 2022-2023 academic year where I taught Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 to academically advanced middle school students.
Currently, I teach one Calculus section, Math 1210-400, at the University of Virginia and I focus on expanding the coding and math classes offered at Blue Ridge Boost.
- Algebra teacher at Peabody School
- AMC8 and MathCounts coach for the 2022-2023 season
- AP Summer Institute training in AP Calculus AB/BC (May 2022)
- Calculus and Abstract Algebra in-person tutoring for over a year
- internship at Monticello High School in Algebra 2, Precalculus, and Geometry
- co-founder and organizer of Cville Math Circle for preschool and elementary school-age girls
- teaching assistant for graduate-level courses
- Financial Mathematics instructor at the University of Virginia
- Lecturer at the University of Virginia (part-time)
Computer Science and Coding Experience
- co-author of several research articles
- several years of industry experience as a Java software developer
- over two years of online tutoring on Wyzant in C, C++, Java, Python, List, and Prolog.
- teaching assistant at the University of Virginia
- First Lego League team lead and coach